Oh, look, a bush! Wait, is that my hair?
Hello everyone, and welcome to the first episode of my Back to School Series! Today I’m going to share with you the school supplies/essentials haul. I, personally, love to shop for school, or in my case…university. It’s such a nice feeling to shop for yourself, to DIY your essentials, to personalize everything! I hope you like this haul, and I hope you share yours with mine. so let’s get on with it, shall we?
So, I went to Asif Bookstore. If you live in Karachi, you probably are aware of the shop. So I got all of my essentials from that bookstore. Mind you, I wanted to buy every single thing over there, it was all so tempting, but I had to stop myself. It was getting too stupid to buy useless things, so I just stuck to essentials. So, yeah…
Yes, I know, little, but enough for where I am going. Honestly, I feel kinda childish buying all these supplies because students here have a ball point and notebook when they come to study and that’s it. But I need to stay organised. And I’ve realized over time that when I’m fully organised, I tend to be more productive. Especially when I have a to do list. It makes me so-not-unproductive, if you get what I’m saying.
(Stay tuned for an upcoming post in this series regarding Back To School.)
So, here is what I bought!
1. Notebooks. Of course! I bought a set of these notebooks in different colors. I have one for each subject that I’m taking. What I love most about these notebooks is that the pages are of great quality and I also like the covers. They’re simple yet so color popped, you know? They’re 150 PKR each!
2. Registers. Yes, a lot of papers for me, please! I have no idea why, but I just love the covers. They are from Vogue. And I think they make quality essentials. Anyway, so I got the bigger one for my daily notes. I’m actually going to take notes in my register and then come home and copy them in my notebooks. It was for 120 PKR. It’s got a lot of pages and it’s pretty heavy. So yeah!
The second one is more thin, and I got it for 75 PKR. It’s a lot thinner than the bigger one. I bought it as an agenda for me. Yes, I could have bought it, but I don’t know, I thought why waste money on a planner when you can make one yourself. DIY coming soon.
3. File and Folder. Okay, so all of this was supposed to be in my organizational post, but what the hell! I got the file to get all of my hand outs, and syllabus, and homework, and everything in one place. I added pages in it to make it more valuable, I guess. It’s a really sober color, grey, and I really like the feel of it. It’s got a really nice pocket, too, so that quickly, the pages are saved.
I bought a folder to keep with me at home, so when it all gets too crowded in my bag and file, I can always keep my handouts and notes in my folder. It really helps. By doing this, you won’t lose papers and whenever you need it during the semester, you can just easily open and then sort out what you need.
4. Sticky Notes. Okay let me just say this. I love these sticky post-its! This is such a nice, heart shaped sticky notes. I love the sticky notes, especially this pretty heart shaped. Am I repeating myself too much? They’re so colorful, and I just love it! I stick these where ever I find necessary. In books over pages when I need to remember an important note, on my agenda as random reminders, or maybe my mirror. Anything, you know. And they’re so cute!
5. Pens, Highlighters, markers, glue! Oh, the essentials. I’ve got this glue especially for DIY’s. It’s cheap and works just fine, so I got it. It’s called German glue, and it’s white, gooey. Let’s not get into the details.
Highlighter! Highlighters are my life. All the important points in that boring looking book, just pops up with cool highlighters. I love the pink one, it’s so girly! It’s by Point Liner I guess, and they’re really cool.
Then we have all the pens. I’ve got one red bold marker. Three blue ball points. One black gel pen. A pencil. A sharpner. Two markers, black and blue. Just the essentials. And that UHU you always need!
6. Stapler and single-hole punch machine. I actually needed them for a long time, so now I got ’em, they weren’t too expensive, anyway! The stapler is small and cute and easy to carry!
That’s about it for today! Stay tuned for the next episode. Might be some DIY, or routine, but probably related to School. Stay tuned! “Like”, “Comment” and “share” because that always makes me smile, and it might be the thank you you wanted to say. *grins*
Thank you for reading, make sure you let me know what you think.