Hello everyone! Today I’m going to share with you my everyday makeup routine. It was inspired when I was really sick. You can read about it Here. I looked tired and very plain. And you might not know but makeup and chocolate always make me feel better. (Hint hint…if you wanna gift me something. *Winks*)
So, I picked up a few makeup products and thought of the look. What I came up with was something that instantly made me feel and look ten times better! The only trick I figured was the highlight. The secret is healthy looking, fresh skin.
So without further ado, here are the things you would need for this super easy, natural, upbeat look.
You Would Need:
- A moisturizer. (I used L’Oreal Hydra Total 5. You can read about it in my 2015 Beauty Favorites.)
- An orange color corrector if you have dark circles. I used Kryolan TV paint stick in 508. If you don’t have a color corrector you can use a red lipstick which is a great hack to hide dark circles underneath your concealer. (If you would like a tutorial on how to hide dark circles with red lipstick, let me know in the comments down below!)
- A foundation you trust that is a shade or two lighter than your skin tone. I used Kryolan Tv paint stick in F1. If you have cool undertone, you might wanna search your shade in the “W” collection of Kryolan TV paint sticks.
- A powder to set your entire face. You can use loose powder or pressed powder. I used pressed powder to build up the coverage. I used Sweet Touch twin cake in BE-1 which is the lightest shade in their range. It perfectly matched Kryolan F1.
- A black liner. I used ADS’s. And then on top of it, for an additional touch I used Maybelline’s gel liner.
- A mascara. Any mascara would do. I got mine for 120 PKR (I think), at Chase Up. It’s by Seven Girl, and I’m currently going through the second tube of it. (If you would like a review, let me know in the comments below.)
- A natural looking lipstick. I used Becute’s Stay On Glitter Lipstick in 717.
- A highlighter. I used Odbo’s Cookie Blusher. It’s my ride or die, and I can not live with out you.
This is minimal makeup so as much as I want to, I wouldn’t go into contouring, priming, setting, and all the other things. I wanted to keep it as minimal as I could. So, let’s get straight into the tutorial, shall we?
For Face: (I’m sorry, I won’t be able to post full face pictures, but you get the jizz.)
- First you need to prepare your skin. Moisturize your skin, but make sure that the skin absorbs all the moisture. Give it five to ten minutes before the next step.
- Apply the color corrector to you under eyes. Blend in out with your ring finger and then use a beauty blender (I used Real Technique’s blending sponge), to blend out any harsh lines. Next apply your foundation that is two shades lighter than your skin tone for highlighting the face. Under the eyes in a triangle so to cover the cheeks, on the bridge of the nose, on the forehead, the chin and on my lip’s cupid’s bow. (If you have very dark circles, then you can also use a concealer.)
- Blend everything in with a beauty blender or blending sponge. Do not rub it in, make sure you have patience with it and tap the product in until it looks settled and natural. Then set everything with powder and apply it lightly to the areas where you don’t have foundation so it all comes together nicely.
- Apply your highlighter to the cheek bones and the bridge of your nose. Dust a little on the cupid’s bow and it will all tie together nicely.
You will instantly find your skin to be looking healthier and lifted.
For Eyes and Lips:
- The same highlighter you dusted on your cheek bones, apply it to the inner corners of your eyes. This will open up your eyes and make you look more awake.
- Use a black pencil to tight-line your eyes. I like to use Hashmi Surmi for this, but a black liner works fine as well. Apply it your waterline. Add two coats of mascara to your lashes.
- This is additional, but what I did was apply a soft winged liner to my eyes. And it instantly made my eyes look better. I also did my eyebrows but very light-handed-ly. This step is additional, so it’s not essential. You may skip it if you want.
- For the lips I went with MLBB–My Lips but Better! And it really did make a difference.
You may set it with a setting spray. I would use Kryolan’s fixing spray or maybe, Makeup Revolution’s setting spray if I’m low on budget. If you’re going out, you might wanna apply a sunscreen over your moisturizer. You can of course, add more stuff to this look, but this on its own is pretty satisfying.
So that’s it guys! I hope you liked this tutorial, if you’d like to see more from me, make sure to thumbs up this post and let me know about your thoughts in the comments below! I’m open to suggestions, so you can let me know what you want to see next on DP Beauty! ❤
For more, click FOLLOW and show some support. I follow back. 🙂
Till next time, beauties!
The only email address you can reach me at is Munazzabangash@hotmail.com