Hello beauties! Today, we have with us Nida Jamal, the makeup artist and hairstylist from Makeovers by Nida Jamal. Love her eye makeup and the flawless base she creates for every skin type and tone.
Without further delay, let’s get straight into the interview!
- Since when have you started Makeovers by Nida Jamal? What triggered you?
Makeovers By Nida Jamal officially started from mid of march 2015 after I completed my training. What triggered me was my passion for makeup and my never ending thirst of being independent and successful in all walks of life.
- How do you stay motivated and what keeps you going? An inspiration?
My motivational force mainly comes from my family and clients. They are my support system, my driving force. They always keep encouraging me and supporting me in all possible ways.
- What is your signature look that you and your clients both love?
Bold metallic gold eyes with smoked out corners and a beautiful red pout is what I feel looks classy with a flawless base, lots of contouring and highlighting. It is one of the most requested looks I come across every time anyone walks in.
- If you had to choose between makeup and hairstyling, what would you choose, and why? What are you most passionate about?
My personal favourite is makeup if I have to choose between the two, since I love playing with colours and experimenting with new techniques.
- What is “makeup” to you?
I feel makeup is a form of art that is a perfect blend of skill, passion and creativity.
- What makeup brand is your favorite of all? Why?
This would be a very tough call since there is not any specific brand that goes in my ‘favourites’ list, but I am a huge fan of MAC and Anastasia Beverly Hills when it comes to high end brands. But when I talk about drug store brands, makeup revolution, NYX and MORPHE have been my all-time favourites.
- What about a bad experience? Any failures, mistakes or regrets? A client you would refuse to take?
As far as mistakes are concerned, I think every field is a learning process and one keeps on facing new challenges at all stages.When it comes to my work as a makeup artist, there have never been any regrets nor will there ever be any.
- How far are you willing to take this? What is the peak of success for this particular part of your life, that you have in mind?
I fell one should never restrict their dreams. I don’t have any set level that I plan to reach. I shall keep on growing, learning and serving the society till my last breath.
I initially started from a chair kept in front of my dressing table and now I have a dreamy studio at my residence only. This I think is a clear sign that I have plans of expanding furthermore in the future by Allah’s will.
- We all saw the video. Beautiful tutorial on red lipstick hack for hiding dark circles. May we expect a YouTube channel from you in the near future?
I never plan on starting a YouTube channel since I’m not very comfortable with my videos going on open public forums. I might make more videos for my group since the audience there is restricted and closely monitored!
- Any message you would like to give to all the aspiring makeup artists and hairstylists? Any tips?
All I would like to say is that, never stop dreaming! This field has a lot of scope and a huge world to explore. Hence, if you plan on taking this as a career option, just keep practicing, learning and keep working on your dreams.
- Recommend us a beautician that we can contact for next month’s interview, if you think they should be featured.
One of my personal favourite would be Kiran khan, the leading makeup guru of the freelancing world. I simply adore her work and feel that her techniques are quite different from all the others working in the industry.
- Nida Jamal. Besides makeup and beauty, what are your interests? Passion?
When im not in my makeup studio playing with colours, I do have a lot on my to-do list. I am very passionate about photography and have also worked as a professional photographer, covering various events. I love theatre and have performed numerous stage plays and am working on another script for a national competition being held at IBA. Last but not the least, I am also the founder of an NGO named as Al-Muawin which is a group of enthusiastic youngsters who strive to serve the society in order to please Allah SWT.
- What is “life” to you?
I believe that life is a constant struggle between ones dreams and present circumstances where you always have to choose one in order to keep peace with your surroundings.
- Biggest lesson you’ve learned in life?
Never make a promise when you are happy and never make a decision when you are angry!
- One rule, according to you, that should be followed to lead a happier life?
Dream big and don’t give a shit about what the world thinks about you!
- Best way to connect with you?
I believe I’m always available on my cell phone or on face book messenger. Email or text message, I believe is not my thing. 😛
- What is the biggest beauty secret for any woman, according to you?
FLAWLESS SKIN, FLAWLESS SKIN AND FLALWESS SKIN. Since I have an acne prone skin and have gone through various treatments which cost me a fortune, I truly admire those girls who have flawless skin and who manage to maintain it with perfection.
- Did you like being here? What was the best and the worst question among these? *Winks*
I loved answering the question where you wanted to know about my goals regarding my journey as a makeup artist. I believe it acted as an eye opener for me and made me realize that I have a long way to go on this industry.
- Lastly, thank you so much for being here! I hope you enjoyed your time.
I absolutely loved answering each and ever question.
That’s all for today, guys! Make sure you go check her work out. If you live in Karachi, I strongly recommend you pay Nida a visit.
Till next time!
The only email address you can reach me at is Munazzabangash@hotmail.com