Today, I share with you my 2016 ultimate Beauty Favorites. Sit tight, and I hope you like this post. Also, make sure you comment below with what your holy grail product was this year. I would love to chat up with you beauties!
P.s, if you haven’t heard already, we now have a Youtube Channel! ♡ The Hall of Beauty; we post every Monday and Thursday with videos under different categories related to beauty, like quick makeup tutorials, hairstyles, mehendi designs, nail art, and fun DIY’s. Make sure you drop by. We would love to see you there.
One last thing; this blog will now be called The Hall of Beauty. TheHallofBeauty.wordpress.com. It’s final; I promise!
Let’s get into this post now, shall we?
- This year, my favorite was definitely the Makeup Revolution’s Ultra Face Base Primer. Nothing compares. I have gone through about three tubes of it this year, and will be buying again. InshaAllah! It provides the smoothest skin for foundation application. You can’t go wrong with it.
- The second primer I enjoyed this year was the Sweet Touch Primer. It was nothing compared to the Makeup Revolution’s, but I enjoyed using it, especially for my clients with dry skin, since the first one was silicon based and more suitable for oily and combination skin types.
- Nyx Above and Beyond Full Coverage Concealer in CJ 12 (green) to color correct any redness on the skin.
- Kryolan TV Paint Stick in 508 (orange) to color correct dark circles.
- L.A Girl Pro Conceal in GC991 (yellow) to combat dulness.
- Kryolan TV Paint Sticks will forever be my favorite, go to foundation sticks. I have gone through the shade F1 (which is a pale highlight color), which I will re-purchase. I have got FS45 which is perfect for Asian skin tone and is used on most of my clients (usually mixed with other shades). 7W for very dark skin tones. 2W for my clients with cool undertones. Honestly, these sticks have saved me from making mistakes several times! They are great for warmer weather.
- Masarrat Misbah’s Silk Foundation was such a hit for me this year. It was very moisturising and full-coverage, but light weight at the same time. I love using this foundation in Winters. I plan to buy their brightest yellow toned and the darkest yellow toned shade to mix and match to the needs of my clients. Any suggestions?
- Loreal Infallible 24-H Matte. This foundation slays my soul. It gives the natural, most prettiest finish to the skin without the need to powder it too much so it doesn’t look cake-y at all! I love it. Will buy more. InshaAllah!
- L.A Girl Pro Concealers with my favorite this year. These set themselves so you don’t have to powder too much, and that means you wouldn’t end up with cake face. I have one in Creamy Beige. I will buy some more shades. InshaAllah!
- Another is the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer that I got recently and it quickly became one of my all time favorites. I have it in the shade “Light”, and I use it to highlight under the eyes and the center of the face. I want to try the shade Neutraliser that Tati Westbrook raves so much about. The sad thing is that it’s almost always sold out.
- My favorite loose powder this year was definitely Kryolan’s Translucent Powder. I have three of them. TL9 (which will be included in my next Product Empties), TL4 and TL2. I loved each but TL9 was perfect.
- Sweet Touch Twin Cake face powder was a win-win this year. My favorite shade was BE-1. It sets the face beautifully, and actually helps in preventing the flashback effect in photos.
CONTOUR, BLUSH, HIGHLIGHT:
- Atiqa Odho’s Contouring Powder in Coffee is the best cool toned contour goodness that one can ask for. It gives the most natural sculpt to the face (since it’s not too over powering) which I love. Check out the review of their contour kit on this blog.
- Makeup Revolution Blusher in Treat is my all time favorite, ride or die, slay my soul blusher! (REVIEW) It’s a universal shade and compliments each and every skin tone. I have used it on several clients and it worked with every look. I will be buying it again (several times).
- Mary Lou-Manizer by The Balm will always be my favorite highlighter. (REVIEW) Nothing comes even close. But if you guys want a great alternative at a cheaper price, ODBO’S Cookie Blusher in 03 is so good; you’d glow like a goddess. It’s an under-rated product that I am absolutely in love with. Try it.
- Out of all the setting prays I have used, Kryolan Fixier Spray has been my favorite yet! I have gone through the complete bottle in less than a year and trust me, it’s a big bottle. You can check out my review here.
- Makeup Revolution has been slaying my eye makeup this year. I have four favorite eyeshadow palettes from this brand and two of their single eyeshadows. The palettes that I loved include The I ♡ Chocolate Palette, and 3 Redemption Palettes (Iconic 2, Acid Brights, Essential Mattes 2). Their Single Eyeshadows include Galactic and Heavenly. I have ordered more which will be shared in my Collective hall next year (I mean in a few days).
- I have been using eyeshadows for eyebrows and absolutely loving the result. I have gone through a shade in Makeup Revolution’s Redemption Palette (Iconic 2) and currently using Stolen Chocolate from their I ♡ Chocolate Palette.
- Atiqa Odho’s Single Loose Pigments in Epidote and Pink Topaz were also a win-win this year. Check out my review here. I love topping any eye look with one of these to add a pop of glitter. They are very rich.
- Kryolan’s Aqua Cake Liner is such a good and easy to use eyeliner. I love it.
- Seven Girl’s Mascarra was my favorite this year for under the falsies. I got it from Chase. I love it and have probably gone through about 3 – 4 tubes already. It’ bery inexpensive.
- Ardell Demi Wispies were my absolute favorite this year. But Artmatic Lashes in 05 will never get old for me.
- Makeup Revolution’s Lipsticks in Propaganda, Game of Mystery and Not in love were really good lipsticks, and I used them on most of my clients.
- Becute’s Stay On Glitter Lipstick in 717 was a win, and so was their Liquid Lip in 916.
Finally! (Wow, this was a tiring post).
- Real Techniques Stippling Brush changed my makeup game. It gives the most flawless foundation application ever and to go over it with a beauty blender will result in the perfect base ever.
- Wet n Wild Crease Brush. I’m so happy I got it. I fell in love with it the moment I used it for the first time.
What would you guys like reviewed from this list? Make sure to let me know.
That’s about it for this year. I hope you enjoyed this post. Make sure you leave below your comments and let me know about your one holy grail product for the year 2016! Also, what are your new year’s resolutions?
Please like and Follow for more. Also subscribe to our Youtube Channel for video tutorials.
Till next year!
The Hall of Beauty