Routines. Don’t you just hate that word? I know, I hate sticking to a routine for a longer period of time. But the same period of time has made me realize that nothing works as good as it does when it’s done in a specified manner; a routine.
I hope you all know by the title as well as the importance of routine that I just described, that I’m probably talking about skincare (and silently judging myself for not sticking to a skincare routine).
First and foremost, I would like to thank Maliha Rao for joining me in this post. It was inspired by her informative Youtube video (make sure you guys check that out as well).
Let’s dive straight into the post and see what she has to say about skincare. She talks about the very basic steps needed to build a skin care routine.
There are basically four skin types.
1. Dry; dry skin means you have very textured and flaky skin, which needs a lot of moisture.
2. Oily; This skin is mostly greasy, has large pores and (a lot of the time) very prone to acne.
3. Combination; it’s a mix of oily and dry. Your T-zone is oilier than the rest of your face. Your cheeks stay dry.
4. Sensitive; people with sensitive skin need to be very careful before using any product, because certain ingredients in those products can make sensitive skin itch or burn, or a rash can form. Most of the products need to be natural and organic.
…there is another skin type called the “normal” skin type. Normal skin means clear skin which is not sensitive.
The most basic thing you can do to your skin to help it is to cleanse, tone and moisturize. You don’t have to go into the whole heavy duty Korean skin care just yet. It’s a step by step procedure.
1. Cleanse: You can clean your face by a facewash, or even a soap! Never skip cleansing your face just because it’s dry. There are all sorts of cleansers in the market that can suit your needs.
2. Tone: When you clean your face, your pores open to get unclogged, so a toner is needed to minimize those pores. If you’re not familiar with toners, you can use rose water instead. You can always stick to the basic ones.
3. Moisturize: Moisturizing is such a necessity. And still people make excuses for not using a moisturiser. They say how they don’t need a moisturizer for they have oily skin, or they don’t need a moisturizer just because in summers their skin gets greasy. No. The skin needs to be hydrated at all times no matter what. Every skin has different needs, so choose a moisturizer that suits your skin, so for example, if you have oily skin you can choose a lightweight and natural moisturizer.
That’s pretty easy. So make sure you stick to this simple skincare routine if you want healthy, glowing, smooth and younger looking skin at all times.
Well, that’s it for today. I’m so glad Maliha Rao joined us. You can visit her blog here. I will make sure to bring more bloggers on the topic of Skin care every month on this blog, InshaAllah!
That’s it for today. Till next time!
THE HALL OF BEAUTY