Under the limelight today, we have The Jaclyn Hill eyeshadow palette. I’ll share with you its backstory, swatches, and pros and cons. I will also be sharing a look I’ve done with the palette so far.
“This is not your average eye palette. That’d be boring. We (and most importantly, Jaclyn Hill) don’t do boring! This palette is a 2-year love affair. 35 brand-new, OMG eyeshadows that Jaclyn whipped up, formulated, tested, re-tested, and perfected. They were created to deliver not only the best color payoff but also amazing application. Mattes, shimmers, satins, foils, and glitter: all pressed to perfection…just the way Jaclyn wanted. Her dreamy colors are now your reality. So whether you’re pressed for time or have time to play, this palette is your new bestie. Because a girl (and guy) needs to have options.”
I get what they were trying to do with this palette; they wanted to make it the ultimate go-to palette that is both rich in quality as well as in colors; and boy, have they succeeded.
Backstory: I had been planning on buying this palette from the moment it was launched, but your girl was broke AF, and still is, to be honest. Then I met Jadirah Sarmad and we exchanged a few meetings, fell in love (we’re getting married this year), and then as a token of love for our engagement, she gifted this palette to me as a ring.
Okay, that was lie. (We’re both straight!)
But, yes, she did gift me this palette as a token of love because she is that generous of a friend. (If you would like to see me dolling her up into a beautiful bride, click here. I also did a Victoria Secret inspired model makeup tutorial on her. Click here to watch.)
- Variety of shades and formulas that can be used by a variety of different people.
- Color pay off is insane! It’s perfectly pigmented without too much of kickback or fallout.
- It blends like a dream.
- The shimmers are beautiful. They do not need a wet brush like most shimmer shades from other palettes do, but it can definitely make a difference.
- Affordable relatively to other palettes with quality as good as this one.
- Expensive in Pakistan. With all the shipping charges, it is of double the price.
- White on the packaging is a bit of a bummer. Though it does look gorgeous, but it gets dirty real easy.
What is your go to palette for bombshell eye looks?
Thank you so much for hanging out with me!
THE HALL OF BEAUTY